Sunday, February 24, 2013

Stash Report Week 8


Used this week:10.25
Used YTD: 49 yards

Added this week: 0 yards
Added YTD: 17 yards

Net:  -32 yards

Have not posted all week, Workin' Wednesday came and went and yet managed to get something done. As I said, lots of babies coming our way. I truly wish these people would have spread them out a little more. lol

Machine quilted using the walking foot. Not bad for a first try. I would do it again. This is old stash, Thimbleberries, not even a date on it!
Pieced back.
 

Complete with binding. I'm calling it "Puppy Love"

Second one, no name yet. This was a charm pack along with some solids I pulled and the border fabric was in my stash and I have no idea where it came from.  Tried the walking foot again with a wavy zigzag stitch. It is okay, I need to adjust the stitch a bit but will try it again.
 


Waiting for the birth(s) so I can add name and date to the label.
 

Swap project. (only the black counts as stash busting) We were sent 5 fat quarters by our partner and we have to use them to create a something adding anything we wanted to it. This little project takes some serious fabric usage. I was surprised at how much I used.
My partner wanted something to organize embroidery projects. The challenge for me was the neon colors but I think it turned out wonderful! I think this might fir the bill. The pattern is Classmate by Terry Atkinson. The only thing I changed is that I did not use a D-ring for the closure because I had this brass colored swivel hook and could not find a matching ring so I just made a fabric loop. It works.


And this is what I have left of the neon colors. I am deciding between a sewing machine cover and one of those organizers you set under your machine. What is left is enough to be an accent on either.

I will certainly use this pattern again.....this time for myself!

On the agenda for today....Daytona 500 and QuiltCam with Bonnie this afternoon. DH is out of town until Tuesday, hope some serious sewing is accomplished. I always feel guilty shutting myself up in the the sewing room when he is home. I try to have hand projects to do so I can be in the same room, thus the bindings on all three projects Friday and Saturday.

Check out the Stash Reports at Patchwork Times with Judy. Such wonderful inspiration!

As Always,

Deb

3 comments:

  1. You have some really cute finished quilts. I love the patterns you used on them both. I am bookmarking these as a reminder for my charity quilts or quick baby quilts. Also, I really love your organizer. Those are great colors. Wish you were my secret sister. Nice finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dar! I am also making a girl coin version. The organizer was fun and will do one for myself but the pics do not truly show you how neon these colors are and I'm not sure anyone really wants to. You need sunglasses. We worked with what was sent to us! Maybe we can be swap partners, think about it.

      Delete
  2. I love the fabric with the kitties on it. And I really like the border with the tractors, too. I'm sure the recipients will love the quilts. :)

    Your swap project is fantastic! I'm still too chicken to attempt something like that.

    -Bobbi

    ReplyDelete