Well....the first month was almost done, one side left to do and I fell asleep with it on my lap last night. I'll finish it tonight. The Swoon quilt is at the quilter, took it to her yesterday at 4 pm! It may be a while before we see that one.
The quilts that I bound,
This is a quilt that I made with a friend from Texas, I me her online, did a group swap with her. Then we did Supernova as a swap just between us. This was our second swap. She did the Up houses and I did the downs. The rule was that it all had to come from stash. Even my borders are pieced. This is a Bonnie Hunter Free Pattern from her site and it is big, 82 x 92. She is young enough to be my daughter but we clicked. She has gone through some hard times of late and I hope that she knows as I look at this each day, I am giving her a hug from my heart to hers!
Next up, a sweet thing from 30's scraps leftover from Laurie Hird's FW Pony Club book. I'll show you that another day.
This will go to a little girl named Avery Ann born in January.
Can't remember where the pattern is from but the fabric is from old stash, Thimbleberries, Snips and Snails. It will lay in wait for the next little boy to be born.
The only pic I can find is when Swoon was almost done. You will just have to take my word for it!
But........I have finished:
- Getting my "Super Bowl" Mystery for Homestead Hearth cut out.
- One more row for En Provence.
- Pat Sloan's Row by Row from McCall's Quilt magazine finished and to the quilter.
- A toddlers quilt.
- My work for Quiltmaker magazine, shhh, it is a secret.
- Made a quilt with my Granddaughter, she did the top, I did the backing and to the quilter.
- The first block for Pat Sloan's "Children's Library.
- Helping get the wall down between the kitchen and dining rooms and still getting meals on the table.
Sew, I would say, a successful month! Other people have posted their UFO progress at Patchwork Times.
BTW, I hand stitch my bindings. I know you can machine them but for me, it is my favorite part.