Sunday, August 4, 2013

Stash Report Week 31

Used this week: 3 yards

Used YTD: 95.50 yards

Added this week: 0 yards

Added YTD: 36 yards

Net:  -57.75 yards


A few things out and have resolved the picture issue. 

First, found a cutter blade I really love. Ordered them from Missouri Star Quilt Company as one of their "Daily Deals" for next to nothing, I think it was under $5.00. I will be ordering them again!  Of course, they are not that price now but one has now been in use for more than a month and still is as sharp as the day I put it in.
The baby is here and he got his quilt. He was born in Minnesota and has ties to to the state going back to his Great Grandmother and earlier.....but is moving back to LA this Fall and I wanted him to have something to always remind him of what good stock he comes from. This is a combination of 2 years of the State Shop Hop fabric.


Leader/Ender project got a little bit of attention this week as I cleared off the surfaces in my room. It is now measuring 32 x 32 and has a long way to go but so easy doing it this way. This project is hard for me as I am a matchy-matchy type of gal and I am making a concerted effort not to look at what I am putting together. The only time I will change something is when they are the exact same square. 
The bucket is still full and I want this to be at least 100 x 100 so it will still sit on the sewing table.
I know some people save any size but my rule is "No smaller than 2 x 2". If there are bits smaller they are thrown into a bag for dog bed filler.

I am also finishing up my Guild "Brown Bag Challenge", top is done and will be quilting it today.
The yellow/green dot, the pink, the purple stripe(pinwheels) and the peach flower were the fabrics in the bag. I used the pattern "My Mother's Garden" by Dodi Lee Poulsen from Quiltmaker J/A 2012. We could make anything we wanted and were told the that overachievers could not make more than a lap-sized quilt. I needed to make something that would spread the fabrics out because in my mind, they had absolutely nothing to do with each other. Hope she likes it!

...and with all that off the list it was time to get the cutting area, sewing table and machine cleaned up. So I present to you...

Now to make another mess.

Check out the progress of others at Patchwork Times!

As Always,

Deb







3 comments:

  1. Love the baby quilt, so very cute and appropriate. Your leader and enders project looks great and so does your brown bag challenge project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well at your projects. Your baby quilt is precious. I keep scraps from 1.5" for some small piecing projects, but they never seem to make a dent in my drawer. Maybe I should adopt your size. I like what you are doing with your squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby quilt is wonderful with those MN fabrics!! I really like your leader/ender project. It will be a wonderful fun quilt when completed.

    ReplyDelete