Tuesday, April 16, 2019

And here it is April

Since I took a part-time job blogging has fell by the wayside so here is an update.
There are finally no more Thimbleberries fabrics left in my stash. I was once obsessed with them. This is a Quilt Along that was offered on Craftsy by Lynette Jennings. It is going to be auctioned of  for a dear friend that has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Bladder Cancer. 


This one was made in honor of the Jaycees. It will also go to auction to benefit the National Jaycee Senate Foundation.
Given to a good friend for her 60th birthday. Each block is named for a Bible event or symbol.  
This one went to a another good friend's grandson, Teddy. It ended up being his colors even though I did not know them. Divine intervention I tell you, lol
Finally finished this one. From an old magazine, memory fails me, the border is all pockets to put candy in. Made from men's hankies and the eyes are buttons. The spider web fabric glows in the dark! 
Good Fortune by Bonnie Hunter before going to the Quilter. It now complete along with On Ringo Lake. Pictures yet to be taken but soon I promise.

The new skill I have learned to do this winter is machine binding. What a difference it has made in my finishes. So glad I spent the time to perfect it!

We have a new addition to the family. Meet Molly Mae. She is a Cavachon. Cavalier King Charles and Bichon Friese mix. She is a joy and a challenge to have a puppy again! 
Our first cruise, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. 
The Besties, in fact the 2 the quilts were made for! 
The whole gang! Such fun and more plans are made for more cruising!


As Always,

Deb

4 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful quilts. That ghost quilt from handkerchiefs is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean,
    Glad to see you survived the winter also! It has been busy and not letting up. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy. Love the new addition to the family. I have also been working on doing a better job of machine binding. What a wonderful time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But...if you look at the sewing room and my stash you would think nothing has changed!!!! LOL

      Delete