Monday, December 11, 2017

Mystery Monday

Clue 3 of Bonnie Hunter's Annual Mystery is in progress. Doing a bit each day.

Kitchen renovation is almost complete, there are replacing the upper cabinet that had flaws on Tuesday and then the countertop on that side will be installed on Wednesday. Yipppeee!

It took longer to cut them than it has to sew them but I am liking my method. I cut the parallelogram first for both directions using the Simple Folded Corners ruler and the stickers. Side note: I met the creator of the ruler, Doug, when he was 12. He was teaching a short demo about cutting a layer cake apart and sewing it back together. I have followed his career closely.

Then I cut the neutrals using the Essential Triangle Tool. It worked for me! Very little trimming other than some points.

 
I am almost to the halfway point, just have to finish this chain.

 
I am planning that Thursday afternoon sees these complete, my kitchen put back together and clean. Lofty goals but totally attainable! I am motivated.
 
I am linking up to Bonnie's post. You can find all the info you need there. On Ringo Lake, click here!
Check out the journey of other participants.
 
As Always,
 
Deb


2 comments:

  1. I saw a picture of Doug from another blogger--he doesn't look much more than 12 now! :)

    Pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has graduated from college! Thanks, going a little controlled scrappy this year. My rule is stash only.

      Delete