Sunday, December 28, 2014

Stash Report

Used this Week :82 yards
Used year to Date: 104 yards
Added this Week: 12 yards
Added Year to Date: 32 yards
Net Used for 2014: 72 yards


These numbers are actually my usage since the end of June as I have been an absentee blogger. I finished the year in the positive and that is the goal
I don't even remember which quilts I have shown and which I have not and some still don't have pictures, while some are waiting to be quilted and some are already in their new homes.
Been working on a Bible BOM Quilt Along using Patterns from History and here are some of those. We also have someone designing a few extra.










Completed Pat Sloan's "GlobeTrotting" Quilt Along Mystery. The true colors are the first pic. Pat will be starting another one in January 2015, Vacation Time and you can join!


A Quilt of Valor

A Supernova Swap with a new internet "friend". We had a great time and are looking forward to doing something together in 2015.

I am participating in a Farmer's Wife Pony Club. I will have to gather all the pics so far in another post. These are 8 inch blocks and we will swap for a year, there are 7, including me in our group. It is fun and challenging. We will make several blocks on our own but getting 6 blocks a month is quite the motivator to keep going!



Wendy Butler Berns was here for a Trunk Show and Workshop "Tweety in Love". Learned so much and so outside my box. Great techniques I will use again!



Working on blocks for local Hospice.


An original block for nephew's County Fair. I will be making it into a large wallhanging where he will be able to put his ribbons, pins, etc as he is now in college and cannot participate anymore.


Aurifil 2014 Designer Block of the Month. I was "sew" excited to do this as I would be using some hoarded fabric, all sewing related. Here is the 2015 Team and you can also get to past years on the page!
Here is the problem....I got so excited to finish in December that I forgot how I was putting it together. I slapped those borders on and called it a day although something was bothering me about the top.

 Fast forward several days, cleaning off the design wall to start a new project and what do I find? The inner border....and it will be going in. I ordered the fabric special for this quilt and it just does not look finished to me. And this will be my quilt to be used in the sewing room. So I will be frogging in January.

Other items completed:
Quilt(s) for Habitat for Humanity (House Dedication January 10th) I'll show you after that.
4 baby quilts
Quiltmaker Test Blocks
12 Mug Rugs
6 Tablerunners
I'm sure I am forgetting something....

Don't forget to check out the other Stash Reports at Judy's blog!

As Always,

Deb













7 comments:

  1. You've been BUSY! Congratulations on reducing your stash. I really like the blocks below The Farmer's Wife Pony Club book. It would make a beautiful quilt all by itself! I've not heard of that book before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash numbers! You are working on some really nice projects. I love they Supernova blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    Just found your blog. Another newbie on MQ's...like you I'm also a member of S.A.B.L.E. -- stash acquired beyond life expectancy. Thought and thought about doing the Grand Illusion..finally broke Dow, but sadly wound up buying fabric scraps ( like I needed them!) on eBay. Spent two days ironing so just finishing the first clue. And like you I'm spatially challenged and being left handed to boot, couldn't figure out the ruler! But having fun seeing others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Left-handed here also, do you think it has something to do with it? Have fun with GI, I am loving this one!

      Delete
  4. Love the Quilt Barn - what a special gift for your nephew. All your blocks are amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It is an original and too bad it did not get entered into the fair, poor communication on the fairs part. I will post a pic when I get it done! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. Hey Deb, Those are pretty impressive stash numbers for the year. You have also done some great projects. You go girl!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete