Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stash Report Week 43

Used this week: 9.25 yards

Used YTD: 126.25 yards

Added this week: 14.75 yards

Added YTD: 36 yards

Net:  -74.75 yards


I still have a shot at using 100 yards but I better get off here and head to the sewing room.

I do not know how the weeks fly by but they do and here I am behind again. 
Fall is now upon us and the need to get more done is enhanced by the fact that the holidays are right around the corner.
For Christmas, Moda Aspen mini charms won at Quilt Guild.
 Quilted and out the door for my SIL, It is Moda Icicles, a kit from Firefly Quilt Shop.
A Twister for a swap from Woodland batiks from Keepsake Quilting along with a charm pack from a shop hop done in July. 
Another twister from Minnesota Shop Hop fabrics for my DH nightstand...he asked for it.
Had enough for another twister for me, still hanging on the design wall. I think I am done with the Twisters for awhile, fun but wastes fabric! lol
Block of the month for Just Us Quilters. I am loving these even though as a rule I do not do samplers.
I have also worked on several sample blocks for a patternmaker, several blocks for a magazine and a quilt for a competition, all of which I cannot show you yet. 
I needed to do something different and found this inspiration on the net. My name in Hebrew means "bee".
My obsession has turned to civil war fabrics and have acquired 14.75 yards and it is all waiting until after the first of the year for me to begin playing.

Here are a couple of the patterns from the "Civil War Quilter"

Oh almost forgot...a UFO completed....

It is from a magazine circa 2006.....and for the life of me a cannot find it now. The ghosts are men's hankerchiefs cut in half diagonally, The spiderwebs glow in the dark and candy fits in each pocket along the perimeter.

Finally, I am collecting fabrics from stash to do Quiltville's Mystery, Celtic Solstice. She put a tab on the top of her page for it. I found a bunch of Thimbleberries fabric that I am contemplating. It would be so different than her selections although in the same color families.

Check out the progress of others at Patchwork Times!

As Always,

Deb


3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got a lot done. I'm doing Bonnie Hunters Mystery too. I still haven't gotten the fabric together but will probably be doing that over the next few weeks. ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie...maybe we should keep each other motivated on the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, You have been one busy lady. Please pass some of that energy over my way! Grin --- the little inspiration sign is perfect. Love all of your little twisters.. Looking forward to seeing your blocks for the magazine. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete