Friday, February 6, 2015

IT IS DONE

Not even enough room to lay it out flat and it does lay flat!

A completed top, backing finished and batting cut, ready to go to the long-armer this weekend. Got sidetracked in January with other projects having priority. I was originally going with the gold for an inner border but I happened to make twice as many 4 patches as I needed which of course left me one strip short for it. I was even digging in the trash to see if I had accidentally thrown any of it away. lol It is an "older" Thimbleberries fabric and after thinking about doing a search for it, changed my mind. That meant I was going to buy something and I had vowed not to do it! Went digging and found this black. Now I think that was a great choice although I worried about it the whole time I was putting it on. I added a border as the mattress on the bed is extra deep and needs it.

 Up close and personal.....


 Original inspiration, I think I captured it.

Check out all the other awesome quilts at Quiltville's Quips and Snips. So impressive.....

As Always,

Deb





1 comment: