Monday, May 7, 2012


I Caved....


Swoon by Camille Roskelley http://camilleroskelley.typepad.com/

I am not one to usually follow the latest trends (yes, I am a little late to it) but this had me at the start, just took a while to find the right fabric for me. This is my first block and I do actually have 5 more made.  I'll show you those later. I thought bigger would be easier and I was wrong again! DH had to proof several blocks, it was not always easy to see that I had turned a piece.  My other trial was that you had to be very careful about how you cut the FQ according to the wonderful diagram. There is no room for waste and no do-overs. I can't even pass "Map Folding 101" so I tripled checked everything before I cut.

I usually do traditional blocks in not so out there combinations of color. In other words I am very much a traditionalist but once in awhile you just need to step outside of the box! 

Simply stitching,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment